I used to think that I didn't have any stories to tell.
I thought my life was boring, mundane and average. You see, I was a level 1 storyteller.
The Three Levels of Storytelling
Level 1 - The Vacant Storyteller
- You think that there's no point of storytelling
- You believe that your life is boring and you don't have any great stories to tell
- You think that storytelling is only for movies or for public speaking events
- You do not understand or have invested time into studying storytelling
Level 2 - The Rookie Teller
- You tell stories on a weekly basis but it does not concern your audience
- You understand that storytelling is important and you want to learn more about effective storytelling
- You spend more time telling stories than listening to other people's stories
- You do not quite yet know how to strategically tell stories to achieve your objective
Level 3 - The Storytelling Leader
- You find the right story for a particular audience and for the right purpose
- You understand how to use your own experiences, history and culture to tell a story
- You incorporate storytelling in all aspects of your daily communication (1 on 1, group, public speaking)
- You are constantly working on your craft as a storyteller, like a master magician.
What level are you at? I would love to hear.